Thursday, September 21, 2006

Party planning

Lots of thought has gone into the launch of DOWN THE ANGEL. (Best say this now in case that’s not how it seems on the day.) I was working late tonight, firming up on dates and venues, when Aisha, who cleans the building, came clanking along the corridor with her bucket and mop, so I asked if she fancied coming. She’s cool, Aisha; she’s often last in the building and she’s never bothered about locking up on her own. The bit I dread is the struggle with the dodgy padlock while people pass by right behind me — makes me feel like I’ve a target sign on my back. This morning at the cashpoint on Seven Sisters four women pelted past, chasing some bloke who’d nicked one of their handbags. They hurtled into a sidestreet yelling and screaming at him. He was a fast runner though, I think he got away. Aisha is no more afraid of booklaunches than she is of street thieves, and said she’d love to come. She’s even bringing her kids, so I guess now we have an excuse to buy crisps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home